Most of our customers have been migrated to Office 365 , however, we still have some customers who want on-premise Exchange due to a few reasons such as below
1) Bad Internet Availability - Due to location their internet speed would not cope with cloud hosting
2) Regulatory compliance and obligation - Government agencies proving their data is on UK Soil and equipment )
3) Their CMS app can only use Exchange Online mode - Mainly Law companies
As their email is host locally the issue is what happens when a server or internet connection goes down? Unlike a cloud service such as 365 , your email is only hosted in a single location. Email is usually is stored with your Spam filter provider until the server or internet comes back , but how can your organization still work in the event of this ?
Introducing the Mimecast Personal Portal
Users not in the event of a internet or server failure can now get to another internet connection E.g. Phone Hot Spot or home internet and send and recieve email from a Webmail type interface until the problem is resolved.
- Instant failover and failback reduces RPO & RTO for email to near zero.
- Uninterrupted access to all live and historic email and calendarinformation from everyday applications and devices to keep business moving
- 100% service availability SLA delivered from the highly secure Mimecast cloud
- Access to email through Outlook for Windows, a native app for Mac users and a full suite of mobile apps means employees can carry on receiving and sending email as if the primary email system was performing normally.