'People in Britain spend a day every year waiting for old computers to boot up'
Yes this is a marketing from Microsoft to sell it's Windows 10 Operating System , but it does bring out some interesting true facts ..... Computer shelf life or Out of the Box warranty is usually supplied for 3 years depending on what it is used for, and Microsoft OS is usually around every 3 years as well.
Below we would like to share of reasons to keep your Hardware and Software Up to Date
- Not getting the new features new software and hardware gives you such as Virtualisation ( Multiple servers on a single box ) or leveraging the cloud with means no server!
- New technology is usually built with less parts, thus less to go wrong and cheaper to buy and greener to run !
- Out of Date software leaves you open to security problems, e.g. Microsoft not releasing anymore security patches for your operating system
- Increased costs and time in fixing problems with your old hardware / software. Yes it usually can be done by sometimes by a quick fix instead of a long term fix
- System Downtime due to Security problems or reliability problems
- Cost of Warranty Extensions -> Usually manufacturers or Software and Hardware will rapidly increase the warranty cost extensions which means buying new can be cheaper!
- Stress! (two-thirds of Brits with computers aged between 5 and 10 years admitted to hitting or shouting at them, with a further 6% being reduced to tears)
- Legal risks of being audited depending on your business with can lead to fines due to unsupported software
Call us today to help us get you into the new!