Response IT has successfully finished it's first complete refurbishment of a new secondary school in Clapham. The refurbishment tasks included :
1) Upgrading of existing small business server 2003 infrastructure from the primary school to a new virtualised small business 2008 server including the new installation of 2008 R2 Terminal Server
2) Installation of a new Toshiba phone system ( which doubled up as a school intercom system) , utilising IP handsets around the building and SIP Trunk for calls with a backup Analogue lines
3) Provisioning of 2 onsite Internet connections with automatic failover for voicecalls
4) Installation of 20 new slimline desktops and screens mounted to the walls which will rise to 40 after the completion of a new IT Room
5) Working with the building architect to provision and install cabling around the school
6) Provisioning of a Site to Site VPN with the existing Primary school
7) Installation and Setup of 3 Interactive Whiteboards with projectors and training of staff
The schools utilised quite custom app's for development and learning in the classroom,
Thanks to the Microsoft Charity Open License program , we were able to set this up at very little cost to the school , who now run the most up to date Microsoft Server Operating System, Microsoft Desktop Operating System and Office 2010.
The school have outsourced all of their Schools IT Helpdesk to Response-IT which is managed remotely through an online ticketing system for staff as well as remote logins to fix issues without interrupting the classroom.
We completed the project on schedule for their first opening Ofsted inspection, an Engineer was present throughout the day to make sure any technical questions where answered and verified and any issues could resolved straight away.
Let us know if you would like Response IT to guide you through the process of integrating ICT into your school organisation